Case

9 February 2011
Assembling the movement went fine with only small adjustments. I used hands from a pocket watch, these will be replaced later. I think red gold plated sword hands, without lumina would look good. Otherwise I am quite pleased with the machine-look, works for now anyway. The film shows the function of the stems.




Now I could start with the caseing. I started with the winding stem, chose a red gold crown. This hole was the easy one. I measured and drilled for the tube and fitted the winding stem.




The setting stem required some tricky measuring, but after a few control measurements I dared to drill.


This is the result, it turned out that there only was one red gold crown, so I changed to gold. The crowns are at different heights, something that was impossible to avoid in this build, however, this gives the watch some life. I also decided to change the flat mineral glass to a domed plexi, this also added some more character to the watch.



I tried to get the balance at six o'clock and the ratchet wheel at twelve o'clock, however, these are not in perfect line with the centre...
The hole for the old winding stem is still left to be filled (now at nine o'clock), the tube is removed, I'm thinking of having it filled with gold and then engraved, it would be a circle with a diameter of 8mm.
I'm pleased with the result so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment