Click spring

19 January 2011
The next problem is the clickspring, the click itself can be turned over and it will work just as good, but in the opposite direction. The click spring, however, needs to be bent in the opposite way. This can only be done by heating it up first to a orange glow and then slowly cooling it down. This makes it very soft, without this treatment it would just brake when bent. I tried. After bending the spring the way I need it, it needs hardening and then blued to regain its original strength.

Click spring


Left: original click, right: my new click with the modified spring.



If you follow the winding mechanism backwards, you will soon realize that the watch is now impossible to wind because of the Breguet teeth on the sliding pinion and the winding pinion, these are working in the wrong direction, they are slipping instead of gripping into each other. But I will get to that problem later. For now I can wind the watch by just putting my finger on the ratchet wheel and turning counter clockwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment